1 easy and not involved or complicated; "an elementary problem in statistics"; "elementary, my dear Watson"; "a simple game"; "found an uncomplicated solution to the problem" [syn: simple, uncomplicated, unproblematic]
2 of or being the essential or basic part; "an elementary need for love and nurturing" [syn: primary]
Relating to the basic, essential or fundamental part of something
Relating to an elementary school
- Danish: folkeskole-
- Sorani: سهرهتایی
Relating to a subatomic particle
- Danish: elementar-
- Elementary arithmetic is the most basic kind of mathematics: it concerns the operations of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Elementary algebra is the most basic form of algebra taught to students who are presumed to have no knowledge of mathematics beyond the basic principles of arithmetic.
- In computational complexity theory, the complexity class ELEMENTARY is the union of the classes in the exponential hierarchy.
- An elementary reflector is a vector that implements reflection (mathematics).
- Elementary symmetric polynomials are basic building block for symmetric polynomials.
- Elementary matrix transformations or elementary row and column transformations are linear transformations which are normally used in Gaussian elimination to solve a set of linear equations.
- In probability theory, an elementary event is a subset of a sample space that contains only one element.
- In differential algebra, an elementary function is a function built from a finite number of exponentials, logarithms, constants, one variable, and roots of equations through composition and combinations using the four elementary operations (+ − × ÷).
- Elementary class
- Elementary embedding
- Elementary group theory
- Elementary substructure
ab ovo, abecedarian, aboriginal, acid, alkali, antenatal, austere, autochthonous, bare, basal, basic, basilar, beginning, biochemical, budding, central, chaste, chemical, chemicobiological, chemicoengineering, chemicomineralogical, chemicophysical, chemurgic, clear, component, constituent, constitutive, copolymeric, copolymerous, creative, crucial, dimeric, dimerous, easy, electrochemical, elemental, embryonic, essential, fetal, formative, foundational, fundamental, generative, genetic, germinal, gestatory, gut, heteromerous, homely, homespun, homogeneous, in embryo, in its infancy, in ovo, in the bud, inaugural, inceptive, inchoate, inchoative, incipient, incunabular, indivisible, infant, infantile, initial, initiative, initiatory, integral, integrant, introductory, inventive, irreducible, isomerous, macrochemical, material, mere, metameric, monolithic, monomerous, nascent, natal, nonacid, of a piece, of the essence, original, parturient, photochemical, physicochemical, phytochemical, plain, polymeric, postnatal, prefatory, pregnant, preliminary, prenatal, primal, primary, prime, primeval, primitive, primogenial, primordial, pristine, procreative, protogenic, pure, pure and simple, radical, radiochemical, rude, rudimental, rudimentary, seminal, severe, simon-pure, simple, single, spare, stark, straightforward, substantial, substantive, thermochemical, unadorned, uncluttered, uncomplicated, underlying, understandable, undifferenced, undifferentiated, uniform, unsubtle, ur